Wednesday 6 July 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Franco and Luana Patten.
Algiers, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Ann and Harold.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1938!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1938 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Franco: Zaire -- Composer / guitarist / leader (Masumbuku).
- Luana Patten: American actress (d. 1996).
- Carole Hemstreet: American corporation executive working in the San Francisco Bay area for Aerospace.
- 6th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 4-1 at Crosley Field, Cincinnati
- The Evian Conference on Refugees is convened in France. No country in Europe is prepared to accept Jews fleeing persecution and the United States will only take 27,370. The prospect for European Jewry looks bleak.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 July 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?