Friday October 01, 1982
US date format: 10/1/1982, UK date format: 1/10/1982
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 1, 1982). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Tyran Richard and Aleksandar Đuričić.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Jack & Diane by John Cougar.
In UK Pass The Dutchie by Musical Youth was in the top 5 hits.
My Favorite Year, directed by Richard Benjamin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Crossings by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Space Cobra.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Snapper or Disco No. 1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 01, 1982?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- See more
- Sony launches the first consumer compact disc player (model CDP-101).
- EPCOT Center opens, at Walt Disney World in Florida. It has two main sections, Future World, and World Showcase. It cost more than US$1.2 billion to build.
- Helmut Kohl replaces Helmut Schmidt as Chancellor of Germany through a Constructive Vote of No Confidence.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 01, 1982?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- Melissa Manchester - You Should Hear How She Talks About You
- The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
- Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now?
- Jackson Browne - Somebody's Baby
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Evelyn King - Love Come Down
- The Gap Band - You Dropped A Bomb On Me
- Aretha Franklin - Jump To It
- Grandmaster Flash - The Message
- Jermaine Jackson - Let Me Tickle Your Fancy
- The Time - 777-9311
- Zapp - Dance Floor (Part I)
- Kool & The Gang - Big Fun
- Donna Summer - Love Is In Control (Finger On The Trigger)
- Cheryl Lynn And Luther Vandross - If This World Were Mine
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 01If October 01, 1982 is your birthday you're 37 years, 11 months, 28 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 2 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 01, 1982?
On October 01, 1982 the day of the week was Friday.
What zodiac sign is October 01, 1982?
On October 01, 1982 the zodiac sign was Libra.
Who was the US President on October 01, 1982?
On October 01, 1982 the US President was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 01, 1982?
On October 01, 1982 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on October 01, 1982?
On October 01, 1982 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on October 01, 1982?
On October 01, 1982 several famous people were born including, Tyran Richard, Sandra Oxenryd, Aleksandar Đuričić.
What was the number one song in October 01, 1982?
The number one song in the week of October 01, 1982 was Jack & Diane by John Cougar in US and Pass The Dutchie by Musical Youth in UK.
What were the top hits on October 01, 1982?
The top hits on October 01, 1982 were Jack & Diane by John Cougar, Abracadabra by The Steve Miller Band, Hard To Say I'm Sorry by Chicago in US and Pass The Dutchie by Musical Youth, Do You Really Want To Hurt Me? by Culture Club, Zoom by Fat Larry's Band in UK.