Thursday 1 September 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tommy Evans and Guenter Hartwig.
Die Straße, directed by Karl Grune, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Doomsday by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1927!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1927 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Tommy Evans: Rocker (Drifters).
- Guenter Hartwig: German businessman, wholesaler, astrologer, lecturer, advocate of traditional astrology.
- Soshana Afroyim: Austrian painter (d. 2015).
- Wyatt Cooper: American author and screenwriter (d. 1978).
- Robert Isaacson: American art dealer and scholar (d. 1998).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?