Saturday 1 September 1945US date format: 9/1/1945, UK date format: 1/9/1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 1, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Margaret Ewing and Itzhak Perlman.
Our Vines Have Tender Grapes, directed by Roy Rowland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1945 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Margaret Ewing: Scottish politician, Member of...
- Van Morrison: Musician.
- Itzhak Perlman: Musician.
- Mustafa Balel: Turkish author and translator.
- Abd Hadi: Yemeni general and politician 2nd...
- Scott Spencer: American author and academic.
- Jacobus W G Balfoort: Dutch actor (Heimwee, Head On), dies at...
- Japan surrenders ending WWII (US date, 9 / 2 in Japan)