Wednesday 7 September 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 7, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François Billetdoux and Claire L'Heureux-Dube.
The Cat and the Canary, directed by Paul Leni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 September 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1927!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1927 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- François Billetdoux: French dramatic author and novelist.
- Graham Dudley Whettam: Composer.
- Claire L'Heureux-Dube: French Canadian jurist.
- Wilson Cadman: American personnel manager and CEO of Kansas Gas and Electric.
- Eric Hill: English-American author and illustrator (d. 2014).
- Claire L'Heureux-Dubé: Canadian lawyer and jurist.
- Philo Farnsworth demonstrates 1st use of TV in San Francisco
- The first fully electronic television system is achieved by Philo Taylor Farnsworth in San Francisco, California, USA.