Thursday 29 September 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 29, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pete McCloskey and Gloria Saunders.
Dog Days, directed by Ken Marino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 September 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1927!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1927 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Pete McCloskey: American politician, a maverick Republican who opposed Nixon in the 1972 presidential primaries.
- Gloria Saunders
- Jean Miller: American psychiatrist, professor and author of many books stemming from her interest in women's psychology.
- Paul Mc: San Bernardino Politician.
- Adhemar Ferreira da Silva: Brazil -- Triple jumper (1952, 56 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Sherwood Johnston: American race car driver (d. 2000).
- Barbara Mertz: American historian and author (d. 2013).
- Adhemar da Silva: Brazilian triple jumper and actor (d. 2001).
- Paul McCloskey: American politician (Senator-Republican-California).
- Telephone service begins between US and Mexico
- Tornado strikes St. Louis Missouri, 85 die
- Babe Ruth ties Major League Baseball record by hitting grand slams in consecutive games.