Friday 2 September 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francis Matthews and Leonard Katzman.
The Cat and the Canary, directed by Paul Leni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Elmer Gantry by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1927!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1927 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Francis Matthews: British actor (On the Bowery, Paul Temple).
- Leonard Katzman: TV producer.
- Trudi Jochum-Beiser: Austria -- Downhill skier (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Tzvi Avni: Composer.
- Milo Hamilton: American Hall of Fame sports broadcaster.
- Umegatani Totaro II: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 20th Yokozuna (Born 1878).
- Rumour starts that Yankee Lou Gehrig will be traded to Tigers
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?