Friday 2 September 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leonard Katzman and Francis Matthews.
The Cat and the Canary, directed by Paul Leni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1927!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1927 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Leonard Katzman: TV producer, dies at 69.
- Francis Matthews: British actor (On the Bowery, Paul Temple).
- Gloucester (United Kingdom)
- Trudi Jochum-Beiser: Austria -- Downhill skier (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Tzvi Avni: Composer.
- Milo Hamilton: American Hall of Fame sports broadcaster.
- Umegatani Totaro II: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 20th Yokozuna (Born 1878).
- Rumour starts that Yankee Lou Gehrig will be traded to Tigers