Thursday 4 August 1977
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luis Boa Morte and Denise Horan.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Just Want To Be Your Everything by Andy Gibb.
In UK I Feel Love by Donna Summer was in the top 5 hits.
The Kentucky Fried Movie, directed by John Landis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Year at the Top.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Circus or Super Bug.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1977!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1977 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Luis Boa Morte: Portuguese footballer.
- Denise Horan: Family Member.
- Rich Dollaz: Entrepreneur.
- Frankie Kazarian: American professional wrestler.
- Luís Morte: Portuguese footballer and manager.
- Emil Bloch: German philosopher (Principle Hope, Traces), dies at 92.
- President Carter establishes Department of Energy
- US President Jimmy Carter signs legislation creating the United States Department of Energy.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 August 1977
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Peter Frampton - I'm In You
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- Barbra Streisand - My Heart Belongs To Me
- Peter McCann - Do You Wanna Make Love
- Shaun Cassidy - Da Doo Ron Ron
- Rita Coolidge - (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher
- Commodores - Easy
- Pablo Cruise - Whatcha Gonna Do?
- Alice Cooper - You And Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?