Saturday 6 August 1977
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 1977). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Zdenka Podkapova.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Just Want To Be Your Everything by Andy Gibb.
In UK Angelo by Brotherhood Of Man was in the top 5 hits.
The Psychic, directed by Lucio Fulci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Oliver'S Story by Erich Segal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Be My Guest.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Destroyer or Super Bug.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1977
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1977!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1977 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Zdenka Podkapova
- Atomic bombing of Hiroshima
- Ashlie Atkinson: American stage, film, and television actress of a voluptuous format.
- Leandro Amaral: Brazilian footballer.
- David Chang: Chef.
- Luciano Zavagno: Argentinian footballer.
- Jimmy Nielsen: Danish footballer and manager.
- Ben Saunders: Explorer.
- Jennifer Lyons: American actress.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Peter Frampton - I'm In You
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- Barbra Streisand - My Heart Belongs To Me
- Peter McCann - Do You Wanna Make Love
- Shaun Cassidy - Da Doo Ron Ron
- Rita Coolidge - (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher
- Commodores - Easy
- Pablo Cruise - Whatcha Gonna Do?
- Alice Cooper - You And Me
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?