Saturday 27 August 1977
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michelle Kathlene Cardamon and Sarah Chalke.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Best Of My Love by The Emotions.
In UK Angelo by Brotherhood Of Man was in the top 5 hits.
House, directed by Nobuhiko Ohbayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching SCTV.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baseball or Space Wars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1977!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1977 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Michelle Kathlene Cardamon: California, United States -- Miss Teen USA (1996-3rd).
- Sarah Chalke: Ottawa, Ontario -- Actress (Becky-Roseanne, Ernest Goes to School).
- Trisha Williams: Hobbs, New Mexico -- Miss America - New Mexico (1997).
- Deco : Portuguese footballer.
- Mase : American rapper and producer.
- Justin Miller: American baseball player (d. 2013)
- Chicago closes at 46th St. Theater NYC after 947 performances
- Army shoots on market vendor women in Conakry Guinee
- Toby Harrah and Bump Wills hit back-to-back inside-the-park-homers off New York Yankees' pitcher Ken Clay at Yankee Stadium, Texas Rangers won 8-2.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 August 1977
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Rita Coolidge - (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher
- Commodores - Easy
- James Taylor - Handy Man
- Pablo Cruise - Whatcha Gonna Do?
- Crosby, Stills and Nash - Just A Song Before I Go
- The Floaters - Float On
- Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop
- The Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter 23
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?