Saturday 16 August 2003
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harvey Bautista .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Breathe by Blu Cantrell featuring Sean Paul was in the top 5 hits.
S.W.A.T., directed by Clark Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tinseltown TV.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atari - 80 Classic Games in One! or Backyard Wrestling: Don't Try This at Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 2003!
Which were the important events of 16 August 2003 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Major blackout: Power is now restored in New York City, Toronto, and most of Ottawa. Authorities warn of possible future disruptions and advise conservation as work continues to restore power to the entire grid. Theories as to the cause of the event, meanwhile, are becoming more substantial and coherent
- West Virginia: Kanawha County Sheriff's office reports that a string of four fatal shootings over the past week were linked by ballistics testing to the same type of weapon. The perpetrator(s) remain at large. The incident is reminiscent of the 2002 Beltway sniper attacks.
- Idi Amin, whose eight years as president of Uganda were characterized by bizarre and murderous behavior, died in Saudi Arabia.
- Dr. Hitoshi Nikaidoh, a 35-year-old surgical resident, was decapitated in a freak elevator accident at a hospital in Houston, Texas.
- A tourist visiting Las Vegas, Nevada, Rebecca Longhoffer, was electrocuted by an iron plate situated in the ground while crossing Las Vegas Boulevard.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 August 2003
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?