Wednesday 27 August 2003
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Breathe by Blu Cantrell featuring Sean Paul was in the top 5 hits.
Love Me If You Dare, directed by Yann Samuell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Johnny Angel by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Air Emergency.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Barbie Horse Adventures: Wild Horse Rescue or Brute Force.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 2003!
Which were the important events of 27 August 2003 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 August
- Pierre Poujade: French populist politician after whom the Poujadist movement was named.
- Bank robber Brian Douglas Wells is killed when a time bomb around his neck explodes, allegedly in an act of betrayal by his co-conspirators.
- An electricity blackout cuts off power to around 500,000 people living in southeast England and brings 60% of London's underground rail network to a halt.
- Private Jessica Lynch, whose rescue from an Iraqi hospital has been surrounded by controversy, is honourably discharged from the United States Army National Guard.
- ''Occupation of Iraq'': According to a USA Today/CNN/Gallup poll, nearly two-thirds (63%) of Americans polled say the war in Iraq was worth fighting.
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat calls on militant groups to reinstate a ceasefire they formally ended last week after a Hamas leader was killed by Israeli gunships.
- Separation of church and state: The controversial ''Ten Commandments'' monument in Alabama's Supreme Court building is removed from public view, following a court order stating that the monument's location in the court building breaches the separation of church and state. The monument, nicknamed ''Roy's Holy Rock'', was installed two years ago by the conservative Christian Chief Justice Roy Moore.
- Crime: A painting by Leonardo da Vinci, the ''Madonna with the Yarnwinder'' is stolen from Drumlanrig Castle in Scotland, the home of the Duke of Buccleuch.
- Crime: Two bombs explode at the Emeryville, California, corporate offices of Chiron (corporation) electronic mail sent to reporters from Revolutionary Cells (RCALB) claims responsibility.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 27 August 2003
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hannover - Hansa Rostock : 3 - 3
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Coventry - Nott'm Forest : 1 - 3
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Arsenal - Aston Villa : 2 - 0
- Liverpool - Tottenham : 0 - 0
- Man United - Wolves : 1 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?