Thursday 14 August 2003
5849 days since 14/8/2003US date format: 8/14/2003, UK date format: 14/8/2003
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 14, 2003). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Breathe by Blu Cantrell featuring Sean Paul was in the top 5 hits.
Lost in Translation, directed by Sofia Coppola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Lake House by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wild Card.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Shikigami no Shiro II or Dancing Stage MegaMix.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 August 2003
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 2003!
Which were the important events of 14 August 2003 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 August
- A widescale power blackout affects the northeast United States and Canada.
- US intelligence officer Captain William Ponce contacts fellow officers in Iraq, informing them that a colonel has indicated prisoners need to be "broken", to gather information to prevent further attacks on American soldiers.
- A major power outage due to a power grid failure affects more than people in the northeast of North America, including New York City, New Jersey, Cleveland, Ottawa, Toronto and Detroit
- Heat wave: French health officials estimate that as many as 3,000 people may have died in France as a result of the heat wave. Fatalities and illnesses are swamping the French health system. The city of Paris launches its ''Plan blanc'' emergency response procedure. However, temperatures in Paris have now dropped from 40nbsp°C to 30nbsp°C.
- SARS: Public health officials are investigating seven deaths and several infections in an outbreak that resembles, but is not believed to be, SARS in a nursing home in Surrey, British Columbia (a suburb of Vancouver). However, until more is known about the disease, the home will be treated as a SARS site for safety's sake. amp!--reported by Reuters Thu August 14, 2003 02:38 p.m. ET --amp
- A single-celled microbe, of the domain Archaea, is found to be able to survive at 121°C (250°F), making it the life form that can tolerate the highest temperature. The microbe, temporarily named ''Strain 121'', which was found away from Puget Sound in a hydrothermal vent, may provide clues to when and where life first evolved on Earth. It metabolizes by reducing iron oxide.
- Terrorism: Hambali, an important leader of Jemaah Islamiyah, is in U.S. custody after being captured in Thailand.
- Liberian crisis: News services are reporting that Moses Blah met with Sekou Conneh of the Liberians United for Reconciliation and Democracy (LURD) group and Thomas Nimley of a smaller faction known as Model. Meanwhile, the Pentagon expands the United States' military presence by adding a ampquot''quick reaction''ampquot force of 150 combat troops to back up Nigerian peacekeepers.
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: Israel frees another 76 prisoners, a week after releasing more than 300 people. Israel argues that it is a gesture of goodwill and in accordance with agreements. The Palestinian authority disagrees and says that most not arrested for terrorist activities, and that it was the people arrested for the latter that Israel originally agreed to release. Palestinian officials want the release of 6000 prisoners, many of whom it claims were wrongly arrested, to obtain public
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2003 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pharrell Featuring Jay-Z - Frontin'
- Crazy In Love - Beyonce Featuring Jay Z
- 50 Cent - P.I.M.P.
- Ginuwine - In Those Jeans
- Get Low - Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz Featuring Ying Yang Twins
- Chingy - Right Thurr
- Monica - So Gone
- Into You - Fabolous Featuring Tamia Or Ashanti
- Sean Paul - Like Glue
- Never Leave You - Uh Ooh, Uh Oooh! - Lumidee
Top #10 Latin songs
- Fotografia - Juanes With Nelly Furtado
- Marco Antonio Solis - Tu Amor O Tu Desprecio
- Un Siglo Sin Ti - Chayanne
- Actos De Un Tonto - Conjunto Primavera
- Tal Vez - Ricky Martin
- La Oreja de Van Gogh - Puedes Contar Conmigo
- Quitemonos La Ropa - Alexandre Pires
- Se Me Olvido Tu Nombre - Shalim
- Sueltalo - Millie
- Mariposa Traicionera - Mana
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $62.57
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $60.90
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $74.70
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $21.20
- 1 AUD = 0.9004 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9133 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.2001 CHF
- 1 GBP = 2.2286 CAD
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?