Friday 29 August 2003
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 2003). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Breathe by Blu Cantrell featuring Sean Paul was in the top 5 hits.
Love Actually, directed by Richard Curtis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wild Card.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Car Tycoon or Bujingai.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 2003
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 2003!
Which were the important events of 29 August 2003 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 August
- Ayatollah Sayed Mohammed Baqir al-Hakim, the Shia Muslim leader in Iraq, is assassinated in a terrorist bombing, along with nearly 100 worshippers as they leave a mosque in Najaf.
- Israel is alleged to have contingency plans to bomb an Iranian nuclear power plant if it begins producing weapons grade material.
- Tensions flare again over the main religious site in Jerusalem, the location of both the Temple Mount and the Noble Sanctuary. The holy site had been closed to non-Muslims since September 2000. Israeli officials say they are maintaining calm over a site sacred to three religions. But Muslim authorities say the Israeli government is risking a backlash here and throughout the Muslim world.
- ''Occupation of Iraq'': General in Iraq says more soldiers are not needed. The American Coalition commander encouraged Muslim allies like Turkey and Pakistan to send peacekeepers and said accelerating the training of a new Iraqi army should be considered.
- Tony Blair's communications director, Alastair Campbell, resigns, leaving Blair with none of the three key players he has relied on for the last decade left.
- The Inuit of Labrador sign an agreement with the Canadian federal government, giving them self-government in a 72,500nbspkmampsupamp2amp/supamp region of northern Labrador called Nunatsiavut.
- Surgeons in Baltimore, Maryland, remove a woman's heart, rebuild its upper chambers from bovine and human tissue, and reinstall it in her body.
- Congressman William J. Janklow, the only Representative from the state of South Dakota, is charged with vehicular manslaughter for an accident on August 16 in which Janklow's speeding car ran a stop sign and hit and killed a motorcyclist.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 August 2003
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Lierse - Standard : 0 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Besancon - Chateauroux : 3 - 1
- Vitesse - AZ Alkmaar : 1 - 2
- Willem II - Heerenveen : 2 - 0
Futbol Ligi 1Football (Turkey)
- Denizlispor - Besiktas : 2 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2003 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pharrell Featuring Jay-Z - Frontin'
- 50 Cent - P.I.M.P.
- Get Low - Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz Featuring Ying Yang Twins
- Chingy - Right Thurr
- Ginuwine - In Those Jeans
- Into You - Fabolous Featuring Tamia Or Ashanti
- Nelly, P. Diddy & Murphy Lee - Shake Ya Tailfeather
- Monica - So Gone
- Beyonce Featuring Jay Z - Crazy In Love
- Aaliyah - Come Over
Top #10 Latin songs
- Fotografia - Juanes With Nelly Furtado
- Un Siglo Sin Ti - Chayanne
- Marco Antonio Solis - Tu Amor O Tu Desprecio
- Antes - Obie Bermudez
- Minutos - Ricardo Arjona
- Vive La Vida - Area 305
- Estoy A Punto - Bronco: El Gigante De America
- Llorare Las Penas - David Bisbal
- Gloria Estefan - Hoy
- Mariposa Traicionera - Mana
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?