Tuesday August 12, 2003
US date format: 8/12/2003, UK date format: 12/8/2003
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 12, 2003). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Breathe by Blu Cantrell featuring Sean Paul was in the top 5 hits.
Lost in Translation, directed by Sofia Coppola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Trading Up by Candace Bushnell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wild Card.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Boktai or Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 12, 2003?
- War on Terrorism: An exclusive BBC report says a joint United States, Russia and United Kingdom ampquotstingampquot halted a plot to shoot down Air Force One using an Igla surface to air missile. According to the BBC, the plot, initially unearthed by the Russians, led President Vladimir Putin to request that an FBI agent go to St. Petersburg, where the agent posed as an Islamic extremist and met the British arms dealer supplying the missile. The missile was shipped from St. Peterburg to
- George W. Bush nominates former NGA chairman and current governor of Utah, Michael O. Leavitt for administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: Two Israelis killed and about a dozen wounded in two separate suicide bombings by Palestinian terrorists in the towns of Rosh-Ha'ayin and Ariel. Hamas and the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades claimed responsibility for the attacks. The IDF retaliated on Wednesday by demolishing the house in Nablus where the bomber in the Rosh Ha-Ayin attack lived with his family.
- The Serbian government has indicated that it wants to retake control of the province of Kosovo, arguing that the United Nations, which currently has control, has failed to reestablish the rule of law.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 12, 2003?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #9 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pharrell Featuring Jay-Z - Frontin'
- Beyonce Featuring Jay Z - Crazy In Love
- 50 Cent - P.I.M.P.
- Ginuwine - In Those Jeans
- Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz Featuring Ying Yang Twins - Get Low
- Chingy - Right Thurr
- Monica - So Gone
- Fabolous Featuring Tamia Or Ashanti - Into You
- Sean Paul - Like Glue
- Lumidee - Never Leave You - Uh Ooh, Uh Oooh!
Top #1 Latin songs
- Juanes With Nelly Furtado - Fotografia
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next August 12If August 12, 2003 is your birthday you're 16 years, 11 months, 24 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 7 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $36.75
- Apple AAPL: opens at $19.76
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $25.71
- General Electric GE: opens at $28.32
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $81.45
- 1 USD = 118.47 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.3816 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.3657 CHF
- 1 EUR = 133.98 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.7043 GBP