Monday January 2, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 2, 1989). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Byrne and Maksims Bogdanovs.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison.
In UK Especially For You by Kylie & Jason was in the top 5 hits.
Winter People, directed by Ted Kotcheff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Daddy by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dirty Dancing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Knight or Boxxle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 January 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1989!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1989 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- James Byrne: English-born Scottish professional golfer who represented Great Britain and Ireland in the 2011 Walker Cup matches.
- Maksims Bogdanovs: Latvian motorcycle racer.
- Şeref Osmanoğlu: Ukrainian-Turkish triple jumper.
- UCLA wins a record 7th consecutive bowl game.
- Notre Dame beats West Virginia for college football championship.
- Prime Minister Ranasinghe Premadasa takes office as the third President of Sri Lanka
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Phil Collins - Two Hearts
- Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got
- Bangles - In Your Room
- Taylor Dayne - Don't Rush Me
- Boy Meets Girl - Waiting For A Star To Fall
- Chicago - Look Away
- Def Leppard - Armageddon It
- Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
Top #10 Latin songs
- Rocio Durcal - Como Tu Mujer
- SI EL AMOR SE VA - Roberto Carlos
- Angela Carrasco - BOCA ROSA
- BORINQUENA - Yolandita Monge
- TU PRESA FACIL - Los Yonic's
- Gipsy Kings - BAMBOLEO
- NO ME HABLEN DE EL - Lucerito
- Comprendelo - Luis Enrique
- Los Caminantes - ENTRE MAS LEJOS ME VAYA
- Eydie Gorme - DE CORAZON A CORAZON
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?