Monday January 9, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 9, 1989). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nina Dobrev and Michael Beasley.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to My Prerogative by Bobby Brown.
In UK Especially For You by Kylie & Jason was in the top 5 hits.
Sex, Lies, and Videotape, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Chronicle Of The 20Th Century by Clifton Daniel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dirty Dancing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gates of Zendocon or Double Dunk.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1989!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1989 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Nina Dobrev: Bulgarian actress.
- Michael Beasley: American basketball player.
- Michaëlla Krajicek: Dutch tennis player.
- Michaella Krajicek: Dutch tennis player.
- Chris Sandow: Australian rugby league player.
- Bill Terry: American baseball player and manager (d. 1989).
- Pat Sajak Show premieres on CBS
- Johnny Bench and Carl Yastrzemski elected to Baseball Hall of Fame.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Phil Collins - Two Hearts
- Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- Taylor Dayne - Don't Rush Me
- Def Leppard - Armageddon It
- Bangles - In Your Room
- Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
- Boys Club - I Remember Holding You
- Annie Lennox - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Karyn White - The Way You Love Me
Top #10 Latin songs
- Rocio Durcal - Como Tu Mujer
- Angela Carrasco - BOCA ROSA
- SI EL AMOR SE VA - Roberto Carlos
- TU PRESA FACIL - Los Yonic's
- BORINQUENA - Yolandita Monge
- Gipsy Kings - BAMBOLEO
- Tu Pirata Soy Yo - Chayanne
- NO ME HABLEN DE EL - Lucerito
- Los Caminantes - ENTRE MAS LEJOS ME VAYA
- Eydie Gorme - DE CORAZON A CORAZON
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?