Thursday 12 January 1989
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Axel Witsel and Thiemo-Jérôme Kialka.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to My Prerogative by Bobby Brown.
In UK Especially For You by Kylie & Jason was in the top 5 hits.
Baxter, directed by Jérôme Boivin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Dear Mili by Wilhelm Grimm was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dirty Dancing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Drakkhen or Big Run - The Supreme 4WD Challenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 January 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1989!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1989 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
Famous Birthdays:12 January
- 6 claim to survive in rubble, 35 days after Armenian quake (hoax)
- Idi Amin expelled from Zaire.
- George Bush names William Bennett to be his Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy and James Watkins as Secretary of Energy.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Phil Collins - Two Hearts
- Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- Taylor Dayne - Don't Rush Me
- Def Leppard - Armageddon It
- Bangles - In Your Room
- Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
- Boys Club - I Remember Holding You
- Annie Lennox - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Karyn White - The Way You Love Me
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
- Rocio Durcal - Como Tu Mujer
- Angela Carrasco - BOCA ROSA
- SI EL AMOR SE VA - Roberto Carlos
- TU PRESA FACIL - Los Yonic's
- BORINQUENA - Yolandita Monge
- Gipsy Kings - BAMBOLEO
- Tu Pirata Soy Yo - Chayanne
- NO ME HABLEN DE EL - Lucerito
- Los Caminantes - ENTRE MAS LEJOS ME VAYA
- Eydie Gorme - DE CORAZON A CORAZON
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?