Saturday January 14, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 14, 1989). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frankie Sandford and Élodie Clouvel.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to My Prerogative by Bobby Brown.
In UK Especially For You by Kylie & Jason was in the top 5 hits.
Sex, Lies, and Videotape, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Don'T Bend Over In The Garden, Granny, You Know Them Taters Got Eyes by Lewis Grizzard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dirty Dancing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Advanced Xoru or Blast Off.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 January 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1989!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1989 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Frankie Sandford: English singer (The Saturdays).
- Élodie Clouvel
- Emma Greenwell
- Adam Clayton: English footballer.
- Elodie Clouvel: Athlete.
- Liu Xiaodong: Chinese footballer.
- Mattia Marchi: Italian footballer.
- Sextuplets: Paris, France -- (to a 29-year-old woman).
- Frankie Bridge: English singer-songwriter and dancer (S Club 8 and The Saturdays).
- Romance / Romance closes at Helen Hayes Theater NYC after 297 performances
- 29 year old French woman gives birth to sextuplets in Paris
- Former Belgian premier Paul Vanden Boeynants kidnapped.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Phil Collins - Two Hearts
- Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- Taylor Dayne - Don't Rush Me
- Def Leppard - Armageddon It
- Bangles - In Your Room
- Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
- Boys Club - I Remember Holding You
- Annie Lennox - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Karyn White - The Way You Love Me
Top #10 Latin songs
- Rocio Durcal - Como Tu Mujer
- Angela Carrasco - BOCA ROSA
- SI EL AMOR SE VA - Roberto Carlos
- TU PRESA FACIL - Los Yonic's
- BORINQUENA - Yolandita Monge
- Gipsy Kings - BAMBOLEO
- Tu Pirata Soy Yo - Chayanne
- NO ME HABLEN DE EL - Lucerito
- Los Caminantes - ENTRE MAS LEJOS ME VAYA
- Eydie Gorme - DE CORAZON A CORAZON
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?