Sunday 8 January 1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 8, 1989). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mariana Vicente and Aaron Cruden.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison.
In UK Especially For You by Kylie & Jason was in the top 5 hits.
Winter People, directed by Ted Kotcheff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Seven Stories Of Christmas Love by Leo Buscaglia was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dirty Dancing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Fire Hawk: Thexder - The Second Contact or Ghouls 'n Ghosts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 January 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1989!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1989 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Mariana Vicente
- Kristjan Einar: Icelandic racing driver.
- Aaron Cruden: New Zealand rugby player.
- Kristján Einar: Icelandic race car driver.
- Barbora Silná: Czech-Austrian ice dancer.
- 42nd Street closes at Winter Garden Theater in New York City, New York after 3,486 performances.
- Starlight Express closes at Gershwin Theater NYC after 761 performances
- Boeing 737-400 crashes in England, 46 die
- Soviet Union promises to eliminate stockpiles of chemical weapons.
- Beginning of Japanese Heisei era.
- The Kegworth air disaster. British Midland flight 92 crashes into the M1 motorway killing 47 people out of 127 on board.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 January 1989
- Buffalo Bills - Cincinnati Bengals : 10 - 21
- San Francisco 49ers - Chicago Bears : 28 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Phil Collins - Two Hearts
- Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got
- Bangles - In Your Room
- Taylor Dayne - Don't Rush Me
- Boy Meets Girl - Waiting For A Star To Fall
- Chicago - Look Away
- Def Leppard - Armageddon It
- Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
Top #10 Latin songs
- Rocio Durcal - Como Tu Mujer
- SI EL AMOR SE VA - Roberto Carlos
- Angela Carrasco - BOCA ROSA
- BORINQUENA - Yolandita Monge
- TU PRESA FACIL - Los Yonic's
- Gipsy Kings - BAMBOLEO
- NO ME HABLEN DE EL - Lucerito
- Comprendelo - Luis Enrique
- Los Caminantes - ENTRE MAS LEJOS ME VAYA
- Eydie Gorme - DE CORAZON A CORAZON
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?