Friday January 6, 1989, Epiphany
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 6, 1989). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nicky Romero and James Durbin (singer).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison.
In UK Especially For You by Kylie & Jason was in the top 5 hits.
Winter People, directed by Ted Kotcheff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Final Flight by Stephen Coonts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dirty Dancing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf! or David Wolf: Secret Agent.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1989!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1989 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Nicky Romero: Music Producer.
- James Durbin (singer)
- Andy Carroll: Soccer Player.
- Baby lion-tailed macaques: At Woodland Park Zoo (Seattle).
- James Durbin: Pop Singer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Phil Collins - Two Hearts
- Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got
- Bangles - In Your Room
- Taylor Dayne - Don't Rush Me
- Boy Meets Girl - Waiting For A Star To Fall
- Chicago - Look Away
- Def Leppard - Armageddon It
- Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
Top #10 Latin songs
- Rocio Durcal - Como Tu Mujer
- SI EL AMOR SE VA - Roberto Carlos
- Angela Carrasco - BOCA ROSA
- BORINQUENA - Yolandita Monge
- TU PRESA FACIL - Los Yonic's
- Gipsy Kings - BAMBOLEO
- NO ME HABLEN DE EL - Lucerito
- Comprendelo - Luis Enrique
- Los Caminantes - ENTRE MAS LEJOS ME VAYA
- Eydie Gorme - DE CORAZON A CORAZON
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?