Wednesday January 25, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 25, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sheryfa Luna and Marcelina Zawadzka.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Two Hearts by Phil Collins.
In UK Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart by Marc Almond featuring Gene Pitney was in the top 5 hits.
Farewell to the King, directed by John Milius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Don'T Bend Over In The Garden, Granny, You Know Them Taters Got Eyes by Lewis Grizzard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Bottom Line.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bumpy or Fire Shark Same! Same! Same!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 January 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1989!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1989 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
Famous Birthdays:25 January
- Augusto Alcalde, 1st South American Zen teacher, receives Dharma Transmission
- Yank owner George Steinbrenner meets with Pope John Paul II
- Michael Jordan scores his 10,000th NBA point in his 5th season.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Karyn White - Superwoman
- Bobby Brown - Roni
- Z'Looke - Can U Read My Lips
- New Edition - Can You Stand The Rain
- Tony Toni Tone - Baby Doll
- Gerald Alston - Take Me Where You Want To
- Luther Vandross - She Won't Talk To Me
- Wild Thing - Tone-Loc
- Al Jarreau - So Good
- This Time - Kiara (Duet With Shanice Wilson)
Top #10 Latin songs
- Rocio Durcal - Como Tu Mujer
- Aprendere - Ednita Nazario
- UN TIEMPO PARA NOSOTROS - Braulio
- HOMBRES AL BORDE DE UN ATAQUE DE CELOS - Yuri
- TU PRESA FACIL - Los Yonic's
- Gipsy Kings - BAMBOLEO
- Tu Pirata Soy Yo - Chayanne
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- SI EL AMOR SE VA - Roberto Carlos
- NO ME HABLEN DE EL - Lucerito
Top #8 songs in the UK
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?