Wednesday August 2, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 2, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Priscilla (French singer) and Yaniss Lespert.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Batdance by Prince.
In UK Swing The Mood by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers was in the top 5 hits.
The Abyss, directed by James Cameron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while A Brief History Of Time by Stephen W. Hawking was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Ends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Don Doko Don or The Duel: Test Drive II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 August 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1989!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1989 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Priscilla (French singer)
- Yaniss Lespert
- Charlie Short: YouTube Star.
- Tiffany Hwang: Musician.
- Vanes-Mari Toit: South African netball player.
- Nacer Chadli: Belgian footballer.
- Priscilla Betti: French singer-actress, participating in the TV show "Danse avec les Stars" as finalist (23 December 2015).
- NASA confirms Voyager 2's discovery of three more moons of Neptune designated temporarily 1989 N2, 1989 N3 and 1989 N24.
- A massacre is carried out by an Indian Peace Keeping Force in Sri Lanka killing 64 ethnic Tamil civilians.
- Pakistan is re-admitted to the Commonwealth of Nations after having restoring democracy for the first time since 1972.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- On Our Own (From "Ghostbusters II") - Bobby Brown
- Batdance (From "Batman") - Prince
- Kool Moe Dee - They Want Money
- Stephanie Mills - Something In The Way (You Make Me Feel)
- The System - Midnight Special
- Surface - Shower Me With Your Love
- David Peaston - Two Wrongs (Don't Make It Right)
- Vesta - Congratulations
- LL Cool J - I'm That Type Of Guy
- Karyn White - Secret Rendezvous
Top #10 Latin songs
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Emmanuel - Quisiera
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
- Y Voy Hacer Feliz - Marisela
- Orgullosa nena - Pablo Ruiz
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?