Friday 3 April 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marsha Mason in Saint Louis and Billy Joe Royal in Valdosta Georgia USA.
Jungle Book, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Drivin' Woman by Elizabeth Pickett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1942 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Marsha Mason in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; actress (Blume in Love, Cinderella Liberty).
- Billy Joe Royal in Valdosta Georgia USA: country singer ("Down in the Boondocks").
- Wayne Newton in Roanoke: Virginia, USA; singer ("Danke Sch�n").
- François Debré: French journalist and writer, the recipient of the 1977 'Prix Albert-Londres' (Albert Londres Prize), the highest French journalism award.
- Michael Elliott: American skier, a three-time U.S.
- Marsha Mason: American actress nominated for an Oscar as Best Actress four times.
- Wayne Newton: American entertainer and headline performer on the Las Vegas strip. Newton has been a Las Vegas staple for almost four decades singing songs to his dedicated fans. From the time he was 16, he was performing in 'Vegas. At 21, Newton broke into the pop music charts with the sugar-coated hit "Danke Schoen." He followed up with three more hit songs on the music charts as he was developing his flamboyant lounge act on the Las Vegas strip. Newton is the highest paid cabaret singer of his day at $8 mil
- Ronald Warmoth: American oil, mineral and business psychic who has a large private and corporate business client list. Warmoth's achievements have been reported in the newspapers and magazines from the National Enquirer to Newsweek. He works as an advisor to the rich and powerful as well as to ordinary people who need his help or wish to learn to develop their psychic abilities.
- Marek Perepeczko: Polish actor (Born 1942)
- Billy Royal: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2015)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?