Tuesday July 03, 1973
US date format: 7/3/1973, UK date format: 3/7/1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 3, 1973). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Wilson (actor) and Jonah Lotan.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Will It Go Round In Circles by Billy Preston.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
Treasure Island, directed by Hal Sutherland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Laughing All The Way by Barbara Howar was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Bastian.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing TREK73 or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 03, 1973?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- General Walters, serves as acting Director of CIA
- Brothers Jim and Gaylord Perry face each other for only time, Detroit Tigers beat Cleveland Indians 5-4, as Gaylord loses.
- Charles Ancerl: Czech conductor (Prague / Toronto), dies...
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 03, 1973?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Fred Wesley & The J.B.'s - Doing It To Death
- The O'Jays - Time To Get Down
- The Spinners - One Of A Kind (Love Affair)
- The Manhattans - There's No Me Without You
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Daddy Could Swear, I Declare
- The Dramatics - Hey You! Get Off My Mountain
- The Intruders - I'll Always Love My Mama (Part I)
- The Stylistics - You'll Never Get To Heaven (If You Break My Heart)
- The Temptations - The Plastic Man
- Foster Sylvers - Misdemeanor
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next July 03If July 03, 1973 is your birthday you're 47 years, 2 months, 26 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 9 months, 4 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on July 03, 1973?
On July 03, 1973 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is July 03, 1973?
On July 03, 1973 the zodiac sign was Cancer.
Who was the US President on July 03, 1973?
On July 03, 1973 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on July 03, 1973?
On July 03, 1973 the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on July 03, 1973?
On July 03, 1973 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on July 03, 1973?
On July 03, 1973 several famous people were born including, Patrick Wilson (actor), Jonah Lotan, Fred Rodriguez.
Which famous people died on July 03, 1973?
Famous people died on July 03, 1973 include, Charles Ancerl.
What was the number one song in July 03, 1973?
The number one song in the week of July 03, 1973 was Will It Go Round In Circles by Billy Preston in US and Welcome Home by Peters & Lee in UK.
What were the top hits on July 03, 1973?
The top hits on July 03, 1973 were Will It Go Round In Circles by Billy Preston, Kodachrome by Paul Simon, My Love by Paul McCartney in US and Welcome Home by Peters & Lee, Skweeze Me, Pleeze Me by Slade, I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter in UK.