Tuesday 24 July 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ana Cristina de Oliveira and Johan Micoud.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Bad, Bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
40 Carats, directed by Milton Katselas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Evening In Byzantium by Irwin Shaw was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match Game 73.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1973!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 24 July 1973 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Ana Cristina de Oliveira
- Johan Micoud: French footballer who played mostly as an attacking midfielder.
- Jamie Denbo
- Tasha Ebanks: Miss Universe - Cayman Islands (1996).
- Amanda Stretton: English race car driver and journalist.
- Mary Frasca: Singer / actress, dies in New York City.
- 44th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 7-1 at Royals Stadium, KC
- All star MVP: Bobby Bonds (SF Giants)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Seals and Crofts - Diamond Girl
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Bette Midler - Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?