Saturday 21 July 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stephen Clarke and Steve Taneyhill.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Bad, Bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
40 Carats, directed by Milton Katselas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match Game 73.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1973!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1973 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Stephen Clarke: Sutton Coldfield, England -- Canada swimmer (1992, 96 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Steve Taneyhill: WLAF QB (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Mandy Wötzel: German pairs figure skater, partner of Ingo Steuer.
- Ali Landry: American model and actress.
- Elena Leonova: Russian figure skater.
- Caroline Néron: Canadian singer actress and fashion designer
- Russell Hardie: Dies after long illness at 69.
- France performs nuclear Test at Muruora Atoll un the Pacific
- USSR launches Mars 4 for fly-by (2600 km) of the red planet.
- In the Lillehammer affair in Norway, Israeli Mossad agents kill a waiter whom they mistakenly thought was involved in 1972's Munich Olympics Massacre.
- The Philippines receives its second Miss Universe title, with Margarita Moran as the winner.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 July 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
- Bette Midler - Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Bloodstone - Natural High
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?