Sunday 22 July 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ronald Ray Howard and Rufus Wainwright.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Bad, Bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
40 Carats, directed by Milton Katselas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match Game 73.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1973!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1973 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Ronald Ray Howard: American murderer (d. 2005).
- Rufus Wainwright: American singer, songwriter and actor, and a member of a noted family.
- Jaime Camil: Movie Actor.
- Brian Chippendale: American singer and drummer (Lightning Bolt and Mindflayer).
- Ronald Howard: Actor (Hunting Party, Koroshi), dies at 78.
- Daniel Jones: English-Australian guitarist songwriter and producer (Savage Garden)
- Petey Pablo: American rapper and actor
- Mike Sweeney: American baseball player and sportscaster
- Ece Temelkuran: Turkish journalist and author
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 July 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
- Bette Midler - Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Bloodstone - Natural High
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?