Thursday 19 July 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laurits Munch-Petersen and Angeline Putt.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Bad, Bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
40 Carats, directed by Milton Katselas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Matlock Paper by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match Game 73.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 19 July 1973
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1973!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1973 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Angeline Putt: Miss Universe - Singapore (1996).
- Laurits Munch-Petersen: Danish film director.
- Said Taghmaoui: French actor.
- Brian Gutekunst: American sports executive, he is a scout for the Green Bay Packers.
- Martin Powell: English keyboard player and songwriter (Cradle of Filth My Dying Bride Cryptal Darkness and Anathema).
- Vasily Dmiotriyevich Shcheglov: Russian Cosmonaut, dies at 33.
- Willie Mays named to National League all star team for 24th time (ties Stan Musial).
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
- Bette Midler - Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Bloodstone - Natural High
Top #10 R&B songs
- Johnnie Taylor - I Believe In You (You Believe In Me)
- Fred Wesley & The J.B.'s - Doing It To Death
- The Manhattans - There's No Me Without You
- The O'Jays - Time To Get Down
- Four Tops - Are You Man Enough
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Where Peaceful Waters Flow
- Foster Sylvers - Misdemeanor
- Bobby Womack - Nobody Wants You When You're Down And Out
- Aretha Franklin - Angel
- You're Getting A Little Too Smart - Detroit Emeralds
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?