Thursday July 19, 1973
US date format: 7/19/1973, UK date format: 19/7/1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 19, 1973). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Laurits Munch-Petersen and Angeline Putt.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Bad, Bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
Abhimaan, directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Best And The Brightest by David Halberstam was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Bastian.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or Lunar Lander.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 19, 1973?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- See more
- Willie Mays named to National League all star team for 24th time (ties Stan Musial).
- Vasily Dmiotriyevich Shcheglov: Russian Cosmonaut, dies at 33.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 19, 1973?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
- Bette Midler - Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Bloodstone - Natural High
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Johnnie Taylor - I Believe In You (You Believe In Me)
- Fred Wesley & The J.B.'s - Doing It To Death
- The Manhattans - There's No Me Without You
- The O'Jays - Time To Get Down
- Four Tops - Are You Man Enough
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Where Peaceful Waters Flow
- Foster Sylvers - Misdemeanor
- Bobby Womack - Nobody Wants You When You're Down And Out
- Aretha Franklin - Angel
- Detroit Emeralds - You're Getting A Little Too Smart
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next July 19If July 19, 1973 is your birthday you're 47 years, 2 months, 6 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 9 months, 24 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?