Wednesday 11 July 1973
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Albert Guardado Jr and Christine Monge.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Will It Go Round In Circles by Billy Preston.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
40 Carats, directed by Milton Katselas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match Game 73.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1973!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 July 1973 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Albert Guardado Jr: Redlands, California -- Light flyweight boxer (1996 Olympics).
- Christine Monge: San Francisco, California -- Female pitcher (Colo Silver Bullets).
- Andrew Bird: American musician.
- Konstantinos Kenteris: Greek athlete.
- Brazilian Boeing 707 crashes near Paris, 122 killed
- Varig Flight 820, operated by a Boeing 707 crashes near Paris on approach to Orly Airport, killing 123 of the 134 on-board.
- Varig Flight 820 crashes near Orly, France 123 are killed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?