Wednesday 3 October 1979
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Danny O'Donoghue and John Morrison.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sad Eyes by Robert John.
In UK Message In A Bottle by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
10, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Sophie's Choice by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rose of Versailles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cosmic Guerilla or Starhawk.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1979!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1979 ?
- Danny O'Donoghue: Rock Singer.
- John Morrison: American pro wrestler, WWE.
- Carlo Alban: Ecuadorian-American actor.
- Yuri Ebihara: Japanese model and actress.
- Josh Klinghoffer: American guitarist songwriter and producer (Red Hot Chili Peppers Dot Hacker Ataxia and The Bicycle Thief).
- A EF4 Tornado hits Windsor Locks, CT causing extensive damage to the town.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Michael Jackson - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
- Herb Alpert - Rise
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Commodores - Sail On
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- M - Pop Muzik
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
- Donna Summer - Dim All The Lights
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?