Monday 29 October 1979
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew-Lee Potts and Simone Spoladore.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Pop Muzik by M.
In UK Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles was in the top 5 hits.
Quadrophenia, directed by Franc Roddam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Ghost Writer by Philip Roth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rose of Versailles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Invasion Orion or Bomb Bee.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1979!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 October 1979 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Andrew-Lee Potts: English actor director and producer.
- Simone Spoladore
- Hollis Price
- Ignasi Gimenez Renom: Catalan politician.
- Andrew Potts: TV Actor.
- Ignasi Renom: Catalan lawyer and politician.
- Billy Martin fired as Yankee manager (2nd time)
- Silvia Bertolaccini wins LPGA Colgate Far East Golf Open
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 October 1979
- Seattle Seahawks - Atlanta Falcons : 31 - 28
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?