Friday 12 October 1979
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Humberto Ortiz and Philipp Schoch.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Don't Stop Til You Get Enough by Michael Jackson.
In UK Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles was in the top 5 hits.
...And Justice for All., directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Cruel Shoes by Steve Martin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rose of Versailles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Auto Racing or Super Invader.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1979!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 12 October 1979 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Humberto Ortiz: American child actor and son of actress Dyana Ortelli, performing in films and commercials from age one.
- Philipp Schoch
- Jordan Pundik: American singer (New Found Glory).
- Steven Agnew: Northern Irish politician.
- Rie Tomosaka: Japanese actress and singer.
- Pressure in nucleus of tropical cyclone at Guam hits record 870 hpa
- The lowest recorded non-tornadic atmospheric pressure, 87.0 kPa (870 mbar or 25.69 inHg), occurred in the Western Pacific during Typhoon Tip.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the first of five books in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy comedy science fiction series by Douglas Adams is published.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
- Herb Alpert - Rise
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Commodores - Sail On
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- M - Pop Muzik
- Donna Summer - Dim All The Lights
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?