Tuesday 9 October 1979
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brandon Routh and Chris O'Dowd.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Don't Stop Til You Get Enough by Michael Jackson.
In UK Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles was in the top 5 hits.
The Black Stallion, directed by Carroll Ballard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Jailbird by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rose of Versailles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxian or Starhawk.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1979!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 9 October 1979 ?
- Brandon Routh: American actor.
- Chris O'Dowd: Movie Actor.
- Lydia Jane Lipscombe: Christchurch, New Zealand -- Breastroker (1996 Olympics).
- Lecrae Moore: Rapper.
- Vernon Fox: American football player and coach.
- Alex Greenwald: American singer-songwriter producer and actor.
- Todd Kelly: Australian race car driver.
- DJ Rashad: American DJ and producer (d. 2014).
- Gonzalo Sorondo: Uruguayan footballer.
- Ashley Anderson: Miss Delaware Teen USA (1996).
- Howard Stern begins broadcasting on WCCC in Hartford Conn
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
- Herb Alpert - Rise
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Commodores - Sail On
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- M - Pop Muzik
- Donna Summer - Dim All The Lights
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?