Sunday 3 September 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to London Bridge by Fergie.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
The Lives of Others, directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People by Dav Pilke was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mondenii.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Army Men: Major Malfunction or 24: The Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 2006!
Which were the important events of 3 September 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 September
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- Egyptian daily ''Al Akhbar'' reports that three Palestinian terrorists are planning to carry out attacks on Israelis on holiday on Egypt's Sinai Peninsula. (Haaretz)
- Europe's first lunar probe, ''SMART-1,'' successfully crash-lands onto the moon, ending its 16-month mission. (BBC)
- Iraqi insurgency
- Mouwaffak al-Rubaie, Iraq's National Security Advisor, announces the capture of Hamed Jumaa Farid al-Saeedi, the second most senior figure in al-Qaeda in Iraq. (CNN)
- Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan
- More than 200 Taliban rebel and four Canadian troops die in a major offensive in Kandahar. (CTV)
- Kayaking world record
- The Swedish adventurer Lasse Schmidt finishes the first solo crossing of the Baltic Sea in a kayak. The crossing between Sweden and Estonia took three days to complete without sleep. (Documentation and media)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 3 September 2006
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Malaga - Alaves : 1 - 0
- Poli Ejido - Salamanca : 1 - 0
- Ponferradina - Numancia : 2 - 0
- Tenerife - Cadiz : 0 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Altrincham - Dag and Red : 0 - 5
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Cowdenbeath - Peterhead : 4 - 2
- Forfar - Ayr : 0 - 1
- Morton - Alloa : 4 - 0
- Stirling - Raith Rvs : 1 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Berwick - Queens Park : 1 - 0
- Dumbarton - Arbroath : 0 - 2
- Montrose - Albion Rvs : 2 - 1
- Stenhousemuir - Elgin : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?