Tuesday 3 October 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Welcome To The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance was in the top 5 hits.
Stranger Than Fiction, directed by Marc Forster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Matthew Gray Gubler: The Unauthorized Documentary.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing After Burner Climax or Blue Dragon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 3 October 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 October
- Viktor Khristenko, the Russian Industry and Energy Minister, and Baktykozha Izmukhambetov, the Kazakh Energy and Mineral Resources' Minister, sign an intergovernmental agreement creating a joint venture to process gas from the Karachaganak field in West Kazakhstan. Russian President Vladimir Putin said the agreement was the solution to ampquotthe energy problems of key partners, including those in Western Europe.ampquot (Interfax)
- The United States National Labor Relations Board determines that workers normally assigned as shift supervisors should not be covered by a federal law ensuring a right to union membership. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- EADS delays delivery of the Airbus A380 jet for the third time in 16 months, due to wiring problems, with the first plane now expected in late 2007. (Bloomberg)
- North Korea announces plans to conduct a nuclear test. (BBC)
- United States scientists John C. Mather and George Smoot win the Nobel Prize in physics for research into cosmic microwave background radiation that helps explain the origins of galaxies and stars. (Bloomberg)
- Deposed Prime Minister of Thailand Thaksin Shinawatra has resigned as head of his Thai Rak Thai party due to ampquotchanging circumstancesampquot. (Reuters)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 October 2006
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?