Friday September 08, 2006
US date format: 9/8/2006, UK date format: 8/9/2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see zodiac on September 8, 2006). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Brooklynne .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
Away from Her, directed by Sarah Polley, was one of the most viewed movie released in 2006
while Judge & Jury by James Patterson and Andrew Gross was one of the best selling book.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Wars: Empire at War or Raving Rabbids.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 08, 2006?
- Ralph ampquotBuckyampquot Phillips, the most recent addition to the FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list, surrenders to Pennsylvania State Police. He is wanted for shooting three New York State troopers, one of whom died, after he escaped from jail. (''The Buffalo News'')
- Chilean Supreme Court lifts Augusto Pinochet's immunity concerning the Villa Grimaldi case. ( BBC).
- The non-governmental organization Freedom House ranks Burma, Cuba, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan as the worst violators of human rights. FH also cited Tibet and Chechnya as areas of intense repression. (Payvand)
- The United States Senate states there is no evidence of formal links between Iraqi ex-leader Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda leaders in Iraq prior to the 2003 Iraq War. (BBC)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 08, 2006?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
- Beyonce Featuring Jay Z - Deja Vu
- Chingy Featuring Tyrese - Pullin' Me Back
- Young Dro Featuring T.I. - Shoulder Lean
- Ne-Yo - Sexy Love
- Yung Joc Featuring Brandy 'Ms. B.' Hambrick - I Know You See It
Top #5 Latin songs
- Mana - Labios Compartidos
- RKM & Ken-Y - Down
- Paulina Rubio - Ni Una Sola Palabra
- Joan Sebastian - Mas Alla Del Sol
- Wisin & Yandel - Pam Pam
Sport Games on September 08, 2006
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Le Havre : 0 - 0
- Bastia - Dijon : 1 - 1
- Brest - Montpellier : 0 - 0
- Grenoble - Creteil : 3 - 1
- Gueugnon - Tours : 2 - 1
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Tranmere - Bristol City : 1 - 0
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Arezzo - Mantova : 1 - 1
- Den Haag - NAC Breda : 0 - 2
- Twente - Roda JC : 2 - 2
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Don’t Like a Director? Spy on Him How can you have independent directors when the board chairwoman feels free to order investigators to spy on the directors? [..]
- New Service From Amazon Offers Downloadable Films The move is the first major effort by Amazon to sell downloadable entertainment to compete with an array of online video retailers. [..]
- See all financial news of September 8th, 2006
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $67.69
- Apple AAPL: opens at $73.37
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $25.53
- General Electric GE: opens at $33.90
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $79.60
- 1 USD = 116.89 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.1201 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.2466 CHF
- 1 USD = 7.9513 CNY
- 1 EUR = 148.13 JPY
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on September 08, 2006?
On September 08, 2006 the day of the week was Friday.
What zodiac sign is September 08, 2006?
On September 08, 2006 the zodiac sign was Virgo.
Who was the US President on September 08, 2006?
On September 08, 2006 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on September 08, 2006?
On September 08, 2006 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on September 08, 2006?
On September 08, 2006 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on September 08, 2006?
On September 08, 2006 several famous people were born including, Brooklynne .
Which famous people died on September 08, 2006?
Famous people died on September 08, 2006 include, Erk Russell, Hilda Bernstein, Frank Middlemass.
What was the number one song in September 08, 2006?
The number one song in the week of September 08, 2006 was SexyBack by Justin Timberlake in US and I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters in UK.
What were the top hits on September 08, 2006?
The top hits on September 08, 2006 were SexyBack by Justin Timberlake, London Bridge by Fergie, (When You Gonna) Give It Up To Me by Sean Paul in US and I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters, Sexyback by Justin Timberlake, Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean in UK.