Friday 8 September 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brooklynne .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
The Lives of Others, directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Messenger by Daniel Silva was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mondenii.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Avatar: The Last Airbender or Brothers in Arms: D-Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 2006!
Which were the important events of 8 September 2006 ?
- Ralph ampquotBuckyampquot Phillips, the most recent addition to the FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list, surrenders to Pennsylvania State Police. He is wanted for shooting three New York State troopers, one of whom died, after he escaped from jail. (''The Buffalo News'')
- Chilean Supreme Court lifts Augusto Pinochet's immunity concerning the Villa Grimaldi case. ( BBC).
- The non-governmental organization Freedom House ranks Burma, Cuba, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan as the worst violators of human rights. FH also cited Tibet and Chechnya as areas of intense repression. (Payvand)
- The United States Senate states there is no evidence of formal links between Iraqi ex-leader Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda leaders in Iraq prior to the 2003 Iraq War. (BBC)
- Missing United States Air Force officer Major Jill Metzger who disappeared in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this week is found in good health. Metzger says she was kidnapped by three men and a woman. (CBS)
- Shuji Nakamura is awarded the 2nd Millennium Technology Prize for his work on blue and white LEDs. The first recipient of the award was Tim Berners-Lee, developer of the World Wide Web. (BBC)
- A series of bomb blasts rock Malegaon town in Nashik district of the Indian state of Maharashtra, killing 37 and injuring around 100. (Bloomberg)
- Zimbabwe has failed to keep its promise to build new homes for the thousands whose houses were demolished last year during Operation Murambatsvina. (BBC)
- Taliban insurgency: A suicide car bomb explodes near the United States embassy in Kabul, killing at least ten people. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 September 2006
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Le Havre : 0 - 0
- Bastia - Dijon : 1 - 1
- Brest - Montpellier : 0 - 0
- Grenoble - Creteil : 3 - 1
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Tranmere - Bristol City : 1 - 0
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Arezzo - Mantova : 1 - 1
- Den Haag - NAC Breda : 0 - 2
- Twente - Roda JC : 2 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?