Monday 25 September 2006US date format: 9/25/2006, UK date format: 25/9/2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on September 25, 2006). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Welcome To The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance was in the top 5 hits.
Love's Abiding Joy, directed by Michael Landon Jr., was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Hubris by Michael Isikoff and David Corn was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Underground.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Barrow Hill or Bubble Bobble Evolution.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 September 2006
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 2006!
Which were the important events of 25 September 2006 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 September
- The Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans re-opens 13 months after Hurricane Katrina with extensive repairs, including the largest re-roofing project in the United States.
- The family of the lone survivor in the crash of Comair Flight 5191 says doctors have amputated co-pilot James Polehinke's left leg, and he has no memory of the crash. (NBC Lexington)
- Up to a million cluster bomblets discharged by Israel in its conflict with Hezbollah remain unexploded in southern Lebanon, the UN has said. (BBC)
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says that rabbis are more critical of Zionism and the ampquotZionist regimeampquot than he has been. He expresses hope that ampquotGod willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world without the United States and Zionism.ampquot (Al Jazeera.com)
- Condoleezza Rice, the United States Secretary of State, and Barry Lowenkron, the assistant secretary of state for human rights, meet with Kasymzhomart Tokayev, the foreign minister of Kazakhstan. They discussed the War in Afghanistan and Iraq and the Nazarbayev administration's desire to head the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe in 2009, which the United States Government opposes. (Eurasia Net)
- 2003 invasion of Iraq and its aftermath:
- Iraq insurgency: British forces are reported to have killed senior Al-Qaeda operative Omar al-Faruq during a gunfight in Basra, Iraq. (BBC)
- The United States Marine Corps says three troops from Camp Pendleton will face courts-martial on murder charges in the death of an Iraqi man. (AP via KESQ)
- Saddam Hussein is back in court in Baghdad to face charges of genocide against the Kurds in the late 1980s. His legal team boycotts proceedings over claims of interference by the Iraqi government, and he is subsequently ejected for protesting. (Reuters)
- Remains of Dagmar of Denmark, the mother of the last Tsar of Russia, are transported from the Roskilde Cathedral to Saint Petersburg in order to be reburied in the Peter and Paul Cathedral on 28 September. (BBC)
- After taking over Kismayo, Somali Islamist militants open fire on anti-sharia protesters. Three deaths are being reported. (BBC)
- Two gunmen kill Safia Ahmed-jan, the provincial director of Afghanistan's Ministry of Women's Affairs outside her home in Kandahar. (BBC)
- Chen Liangyu, the Shanghai Communist Party of China General Secretary and a senior member of the Shanghai clique, is dismissed for corruption. (ABC)
- The New Orleans Saints return to the Superdome for the first time since Hurricane Katrina. (The New York Times)
Sport Games on 25 September 2006
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- FC Koln - Essen : 1 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Metz - Montpellier : 2 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Portsmouth - Bolton : 0 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Bologna - Rimini : 1 - 3
- Treviso - Lecce : 1 - 0
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pullin' Me Back - Chingy Featuring Tyrese
- Call On Me - Janet & Nelly
- Money Maker - Ludacris Featuring Pharrell
- Ne-Yo - Sexy Love
- S.E.X. - Lyfe Jennings
- I Know You See It - Yung Joc Featuring Brandy 'Ms. B.' Hambrick
- Say Goodbye - Chris Brown
- Shoulder Lean - Young Dro Featuring T.I.
- Beyonce - Ring The Alarm
- (When You Gonna) Give It Up To Me - Sean Paul Featuring Keyshia Cole
Top #10 Latin songs
- Ni Una Sola Palabra - Paulina Rubio
- Labios Compartidos - Mana
- Tengo Un Amor - Toby Love Featuring Rakim & Ken-Y
- Joan Sebastian - Mas Alla Del Sol
- Pam Pam - Wisin & Yandel
- Down - RKM & Ken-Y
- De Rodillas Te Pido - Alegres de La Sierra
- Noche De Entierro (Nuestro Amor) - Los Benjamins Featuring Wisin & Yandel, Daddy Yankee, Hector "El Father" & Zion
- Te Mando Flores - Fonseca
- Antes De Que Te Vayas - Marco Antonio Solis
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Washington Post Company holdings Newsweek and Kaplan Inc. are teaming up to offer an online M.B.A. degree program. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $65.25
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $84.08
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $62.74
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $35.08
- 1 CAD = 1.1086 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9333 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8415 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.3533 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?