Monday 25 September 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
The Fountain, directed by Darren Aronofsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Emperor'S Children by Claire Messud was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Upside Down Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Allison (novel series) or Dead or Alive Xtreme 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 2006!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 25 September 2006 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 September
- The Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans re-opens 13 months after Hurricane Katrina with extensive repairs, including the largest re-roofing project in the United States.
- The family of the lone survivor in the crash of Comair Flight 5191 says doctors have amputated co-pilot James Polehinke's left leg, and he has no memory of the crash. (NBC Lexington)
- Up to a million cluster bomblets discharged by Israel in its conflict with Hezbollah remain unexploded in southern Lebanon, the UN has said. (BBC)
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says that rabbis are more critical of Zionism and the ampquotZionist regimeampquot than he has been. He expresses hope that ampquotGod willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world without the United States and Zionism.ampquot (Al Jazeera.com)
- Condoleezza Rice, the United States Secretary of State, and Barry Lowenkron, the assistant secretary of state for human rights, meet with Kasymzhomart Tokayev, the foreign minister of Kazakhstan. They discussed the War in Afghanistan and Iraq and the Nazarbayev administration's desire to head the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe in 2009, which the United States Government opposes. (Eurasia Net)
- 2003 invasion of Iraq and its aftermath:
- Iraq insurgency: British forces are reported to have killed senior Al-Qaeda operative Omar al-Faruq during a gunfight in Basra, Iraq. (BBC)
- The United States Marine Corps says three troops from Camp Pendleton will face courts-martial on murder charges in the death of an Iraqi man. (AP via KESQ)
- Saddam Hussein is back in court in Baghdad to face charges of genocide against the Kurds in the late 1980s. His legal team boycotts proceedings over claims of interference by the Iraqi government, and he is subsequently ejected for protesting. (Reuters)
- Remains of Dagmar of Denmark, the mother of the last Tsar of Russia, are transported from the Roskilde Cathedral to Saint Petersburg in order to be reburied in the Peter and Paul Cathedral on 28 September. (BBC)
- After taking over Kismayo, Somali Islamist militants open fire on anti-sharia protesters. Three deaths are being reported. (BBC)
- Two gunmen kill Safia Ahmed-jan, the provincial director of Afghanistan's Ministry of Women's Affairs outside her home in Kandahar. (BBC)
- Chen Liangyu, the Shanghai Communist Party of China General Secretary and a senior member of the Shanghai clique, is dismissed for corruption. (ABC)
- The New Orleans Saints return to the Superdome for the first time since Hurricane Katrina. (The New York Times)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 25 September 2006
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- FC Koln - Essen : 1 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Metz - Montpellier : 2 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Portsmouth - Bolton : 0 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Bologna - Rimini : 1 - 3
- Treviso - Lecce : 1 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?