Sunday 10 September 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Piratenpartei .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
The Lives of Others, directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Spy by Ted Bell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Scuba Bob's Ocean Quest.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atelier Iris 3: Grand Fantasm or The Axys Adventures: Truth Seeker.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 2006!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 September 2006 ?
- Piratenpartei : German political party, founded 10 Sept 2006 in Berlin.
- A lengthy statement from al-Qaeda's second in command, Ayman al-Zawahiri, on the eve of the fifth anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attacks calls on Muslims to step up their resistance against the United States. (CNN)
- Roger Federer wins the U.S. Open defeating Andy Roddick 6-2, 4-6, 7-5, 6-1. (Fox Sports)
- Taliban insurgency (Operation Medusa):
- NATO and Afghan forces killed 94 Taliban fighters in intense overnight clashes in southern Afghanistan, the military alliance says. (BBC)
- Hurricane Florence forces hurricane warnings for Bermuda as it threatens the island with rain of 13 to 20 cm (5 to 8 inches). Florence is also expected to become a Category 2 hurricane prior to affecting the island. (National Hurricane Center)
- The most successful driver in Formula One history, German Michael Schumacher, announces his retirement from the sport at the end of the 2006 season. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 10 September 2006
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Ascoli : 3 - 1
- Cagliari - Catania : 0 - 1
- Chievo - Siena : 1 - 2
- Messina - Udinese : 1 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Genk - Gent : 3 - 1
- Lokeren - Beveren : 2 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Betis - Ath Bilbao : 3 - 0
- Getafe - Santander : 1 - 0
- Gimnastic - Celta : 1 - 2
- Levante - Real Madrid : 1 - 4
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Cadiz - Murcia : 1 - 1
- Hercules - Vecindario : 1 - 0
- Numancia - Elche : 3 - 2
- Salamanca - Almeria : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?