Sunday 4 August 1935
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Rice and Jake Flake.
China Seas, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Time Out of Mind by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1935!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1935 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Jake Flake: American politician who served as a Senator in the Arizona State Legislature from 2005 until his death in 2008.
- Charles Rice: American administrator and CEO of Barnett Banks.
- Carol Arthur: American actress and producer.
- Hans-Walter Eigenbrodt: German footballer and coach (d. 1997).
- Michael Noonan: Irish farmer and politician 25th Minister of Defence for Ireland (d. 2013).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?