Friday 23 August 1935
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brendan Jackson and Loren Rush.
Top Hat, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1935!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1935 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Brendan Jackson: British air marshal.
- Loren Rush: Composer.
- Roy Strong: Writer / art historian / director (Victoria & Albert Museum).
- The Banking Act of 1935 becomes law, removing the Treasury Secretary and the comptroller of currency from the Federal Reserve Board.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 August 1935
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?