Tuesday 6 August 1935
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Irma Capece Minutolo and Sally Harrington.
China Seas, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Time Out of Mind by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1935!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1935 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Irma Capece Minutolo: Italian minor opera singer, reported by the media when she had an affair with Farouk, the former King of Egypt during the era of La Dolce Vita.
- Sally Harrington: American astrologer who began her study in 1966; a vegetarian.
- John Sanden: American portrait artist, who graduated from the Minneapolis School of Art in 1956 with a bachelor of fine arts degree in illustration.
- Fortunato Baldelli: Italian cardinal (d. 2012).
- Octavio Getino: Spanish-Argentinian director and screenwriter (d. 2012).
- Alexander Gustav Adolfovich Winkler: Composer, dies at 70.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?