Tuesday 6 August 1935
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Irma Capece Minutolo and Sally Harrington.
China Seas, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1935!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1935 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Irma Capece Minutolo: Italian minor opera singer, reported by the media when she had an affair with Farouk, the former King of Egypt during the era of La Dolce Vita.
- Sally Harrington: American astrologer who began her study in 1966; a vegetarian.
- John Sanden: American portrait artist, who graduated from the Minneapolis School of Art in 1956 with a bachelor of fine arts degree in illustration.
- Fortunato Baldelli: Italian cardinal (d. 2012).
- Octavio Getino: Spanish-Argentinian director and screenwriter (d. 2012).
- Alexander Gustav Adolfovich Winkler: Composer, dies at 70.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1935
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?