Thursday 15 August 1935US date format: 8/15/1935, UK date format: 15/8/1935
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 1935). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Régine Deforges and Vernon Jordan.
Chandu on the Magic Island, directed by Ray Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1935
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1935!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1935 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Régine Deforges: French author, novelist, editor, writer...
- Vernon Jordan: American attorney, civil rights...
- Asuncion (Paraguay)
- Abby Dalton in Las Vegas: Nevada, USA; actress (Joey Bishop Show).
- Lionel Taylor: American football player and coach.
- Gerard Brucken Fock: Composer, dies at 75.
- Will Rogers and Wiley Post are killed after their aircraft develops engine problems during takeoff i: Alaska.
- Wiley Post: American pioneer aviator and mechanic.
- Paul Signac: French painter who, with Georges Seurat,...