Wednesday 14 August 1935
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Brodie and Lee Frost.
The Crusades, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1935!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1935 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- John Brodie: American football quarterback, and TV sportscaster.
- Lee Frost: American film director, producer, cinematographer, editor and occasional actor.
- Paul Laffoley: American artist and architect.
- Social Security Act becomes law.
- United States Social Security Act passes, creating a government pension system for the retired.
- United States President Franklin Roosevelt signs the Social Security Act into law.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 August 1935
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?