Sunday 18 August 1935
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gail Fisher in Orange and Lajos Papp.
Broadway Melody of 1936, directed by Roy Del Ruth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1935!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1935 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Gail Fisher in Orange: New Jersey, USA; actress (Peggy - Mannix).
- Lajos Papp: Composer.
- Irene Beardsley: American adventurer.
- Rafer Johnson: American decathlon champion who won a Gold Medal at the Pan American games and a Silver Medal at the Olympics in 1956 and a Gold Medal at the Olympics in 1960.
- Charles Wilson: Scottish publisher, a former editor of The Times who became the Director of News International in 1990.
- Gail Fisher: American actress (Born 1935)
- Howard Morrison: New Zealand singer (Howard Morrison Quartet) (d. 2009)
- Hifikepunye Pohamba: Namibian lawyer and politician 2nd President of Namibia
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?