Thursday 29 August 1935
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hugo Brandt Corstius and Laszlo Garai.
Top Hat, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1935!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1935 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Hugo Brandt Corstius: Dutch essayist / mathematician.
- Laszlo Garai: Hungarian scientist, psychologist.
- William Friedkin: American film director.
- Hugo Corstius: Dutch linguist and author (d. 2014).
- László Garai: Hungarian psychologist and scholar.
- 2nd NFL Chicago All-Star Game: Chi Bears 5, All-Stars 0 (77,450)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?