Thursday 4 August 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas Birmingham and Luigi Serafini.
The Window, directed by Ted Tetzlaff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Magic Cottage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1949!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1949 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Thomas Birmingham: American politician, Dem.
- Luigi Serafini: Italian artist and designer best known for creating the Codex Seraphinianus, an illustrated encyclopedia of imaginary things in what is believed to be a constructed language.
- John Riggins: American football player sportscaster and actor.
- NBL and NBAA merge into National Basketball Association
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?