Tuesday 4 February 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 4, 1936). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Méranville and Claude Nobs.
Follow the Fleet, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 February 1936
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1936!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1936 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- Michel Méranville
- Claude Nobs: Founder and general manager of the Montreux Jazz Festival.
- Daan van Golden: Dutch sculptor.
- Gary Conway in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actor (Burke's Law, Land of the Giants).
- David Brenner: American comedian actor and author (d. 2014).
- Wilhelm Gustloff: German leader of the Swiss NSDAP (Nazi) party, with about 5000 members among the 100'000 Germans living in Switzerland.
- 1st radioactive substance produced synthetically (radium E)
- Radium becomes the first radioactive element to be made synthetically.