Friday 4 February 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Russell and Donald W Riegle Jr.
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Northwest Passage by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comedy Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 February 1938 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- Ron Russell: American known artist who paints acrylic on glass, lovely works of space and fantasy scenes.
- Donald W Riegle Jr
- Martin Greif: Irish-American author and editor.
- Donald Riegle: Flint Politician.
- Birju Maharaj: Indian dancer and choreographer.
- Our Town, by Thornton Wilder opens on Broadway
- Hitler seizes control of German army and puts Nazi in key posts
- RKO Radio Pictures generally releases the film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to theatres in the USA.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?