Monday 4 July 2011, US Independence Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 4, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Give Me Everything by Pitbull.
Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, directed by Zoya Akhtar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sweet Home Alabama.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Café 0: The Drowned Mermaid or Cart Life.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 July 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 2011!
Which were the important events of 4 July 2011 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 July
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Moroccan protests: Democracy campaigners dismiss as ampquotunbelievableampquot government figures showing that 98 per cent of voters backed Morocco's constitutional referendum amid allegations of multiple voting, with people marching through Rabat, Casablanca and Tangier chanting ampquotThe interior minister is a liarampquot. (BBC)
- 2011 Syrian uprising: Government troops arrive in Hama in buses to raid houses and arrest civilians following the mass popular anti-government protests there on Friday. Tanks laying siege to the city move north to other villages. (BBC)
- 2011 Yemeni uprising: Thousands of people rally against authority in Sana'a, marching towards the residence of Vice-President Abd al-Rab Mansur al-Hadi since Ali Abdullah Saleh, who has ruled the country for 33 years, remains in Saudi Arabia receiving treatment for his wounds. (BBC)
- 2011 Libyan civil war: NATO chief Anders Fogh Rasmussen defends the group's presence in Libya during a meeting of the NATO-Russia Council in Sochi, claiming that its mission is in ampquotstrict conformityampquot with United Nations Security Council Resolution 1973. (BBC)
- 2011 Egyptian revolution: Clashes break out at a courthouse as 7 police officers, suspected of killing protesters in Suez during the popular revolution that ousted Hosni Mubarak from power, are released on bail by a judge in Cairo. (AP via ''The Washington Post'')
- Tunisian revolution: Zine El Abidine Ben Ali, who fled to Saudi Arabia as his regime was ousted from power in a popular revolution, is convicted ''in absentia'' on charges of possessing illegal drugs and weapons and sentenced to 15 years in jail at a court in Tunis. (AP via ''New York Times'')
- Saboteurs bomb an Egyptian pipeline at Nagah in the Sinai Peninsula delivering gas to Israel and Jordan. (Al Jazeera)
- A corporal in the Republic of Korea Marine Corps goes on a killing spree while on duty at a guard post on South Korea's Ganghwa Island, killing 3 people and injuring 2 others. (BBC)
- Freedom Flotilla II: The Greek Coast Guard pursues with water cannons then boards the ship carrying activists from Belgium, Canada, Italy, Switzerland and Turkey after an unsuccessful attempt to leave Crete harbour. (Al Jazeera)
- Australian Army soldier, Sergeant Todd Langley, is killed in fighting in Afghanistan, bringing Australian casualties in the war to 28. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Religious conservatives in Pakistan condemn as ampquotcultural terrorismampquot the recent support shown for LGBT rights in Islamabad. (BBC)
- J. K. Rowling leaves her agent Christopher Little after 15 years. (''The Guardian'')
- Sony Corp. says that it will fully restore all the PlayStation Network videogame services in Japan, which will complete worldwide restoration of those services, disrupted in April. (Reuters)
- Several African countries experience their worst drought in 60 years, with millions of people affected. (BBC)
- Israel announces that it will transfer the bodies of 84 Palestinian militants to the Palestinian Authority, apparently as a diplomatic gesture to the Palestinians ahead of Ramadan. (Ynetnews)
- A statue of former President of the United States Ronald Reagan is unveiled at a ceremony outside the American embassy in Grosvenor Square, Central London, opposite a statue of Dwight D. Eisenhower. Those invited include Margaret Thatcher and Condoleezza Rice, while a piece of the Berlin Wall also features. (BBC)
- Trial of Ratko Mladić in The Hague:
- Former Bosnian Serb Colonel General Ratko Mladić is scheduled to enter a plea on charges of genocide in the Srebrenica massacre during the Bosnian war at a United Nations war crimes court. (Reuters via France 24)
- Ratko Mladić is removed from his hearing after he is ruled to have spoken out of turn while asking that he have his own lawyer instead of one appointed by the court, then quarrelling with the judge to be allowed speak. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- Unusual - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
Top #10 Latin songs
- You - Romeo Santos
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Prometi - Intocable
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- El Ardido - Larry Hernandez
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Ven Conmigo - Daddy Yankee Featuring Prince Royce
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- Adolescents - Incubus
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Lies Of The Beautiful People - Sixx: A.M.
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- Rip Tide - Sick Puppies
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The week of planned tests marks the near-end of a long wait by ANA, the first customer in line for the next-generation aircraft. [..]
Federal agencies have little incentive to go after fines because they don’t actually keep the money. [..]
- 1 CHF = 7.621 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.7298 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8824 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.946 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?